01 October 2007

wishy washy


I want a red wall.
I want to wring his neck.
I want to quell the doubt.
I want to flick the switch.
I want free text messaging.
I want to relive the moment.
I want to derive the equation.
I want a playstation 3.

I want jazz.

I want Alan Alda to be young again.
I want to be rain.
I want a silent lover.
I want a recurring dream.
I want my own windmill.
I want my mum to be famous.
I want to meet andy warhol, allen ginsberg and a polar bear.
I want black and white movies.

I want to fit in.

I want to know someone called Julia.
I want to be a cold pillow.
I want to see Peru.
I want to hear you breathe.
I want a dangling conversation.
I want fingers to clasp.
I want the smell of comfort.
I want a long innings.

I want to smile at you.

I want to be a weatherman, a virus, a reformist.
I want a perfect average.
I want a dog.
I want a leather jacket.
I want a happy commotion.
I want the bigger piece.
I want a nice part.
I want a simple plot.


I want her.


Pic: Nostalgia by Luke Chueh from the exhibition 'Sad Paintings For Happy People'.
Courtesy www.lukechueh.com

14 comments:

Smiling Dolphin said...

Hi Phish, thanks for dropping in, and for the compliments. Couldn't find the Luke Chueh pic though. This is a good poem, but you already know that.

On red walls, here's an image that came instantly to mind - (NOT vodaphone:-) The hospital where I interned in Australia had a gigantic anesthesia recovery room for the horses - all the walls, floor and roof were thickly padded and coloured a bright bright red. Ofcourse no human was allowed in the room after an operated horse was wheeled in, till at least six hours post awakening.

phish said...

thanks a ton dolphin. (though this is not really a poem :) click on the image to see the picture on Luke's site. some pretty awesome work.

Pooja Nair said...

I adore the way you write, the way you draw and the pictures you take...you are beautiful in your blogs!!! :)

madelyn said...

You want a simple plot?

I don't think so:)

Julia's are beautiful but
Madelyn's are endlessly curious.

(you live longer just like photographers and musicians - stimulates a certain
part of the brain)

LOL

Have a delightful day - or at
least an excellent chai.

Anonymous said...

unless you want to see Peru alone, let me know when. i'm game.

phish said...

pooja - thanks for the lovely words. i endeavour to give satisfaction.

madelyn - believe you me, a simple plot would be welcome right now. i understand about madelyn's being curious. am experiencing one. the tea was excellent. first flush darjeeling.

gaiza- will do. need someone to take photographs and write.

Anonymous said...

Why does everything you want boil down to a three letter common noun? Or is it an all-encompassing representation of something else?

Anonymous said...

well... i could introduce you to a julia.

phish said...

charade - pertinent questions. i dont have the answers. i am just writing out the words in my head.

meghna - ah. finally u are of some use to me.

scribbleamus said...

Don't you wish..someone just said 'i want you'. just that.
nothing more...nothing less.
no complications and everything else follows like clockwork...

phish said...

scribbleamus - in an ideal world, maybe. or in my head :)

dharmabum said...

so smile at me :) and peru - me too. please?

Devil Mood said...

People say generalizations are dangerous but I believe I love everything you write :)

Julia is a character from a story I'm writing. Believe me, you don't want to know HER. She's weird!

Nisha said...

i was smiling all through the poem..sweet!!!